Stay tuned to our website to get the most up-to-date information as it comes out!
Check out our Welcome Back Video!
Phase 3 – Began September 14
We have opened additional programming and areas of Y facility in phase 3. We are currently only open to Northfield YMCA Members at this time for general facility use. To keep our members safe and protected while they use our facilities, we are continuing to follow strict guidelines from the CDC, MDH and local and state authorities. Safety of members, participants and staff is our highest priority. If changes or adjustments are needed to better protect our community, we will do so. Please check website regularly for updates.
- Hours of operation extended to Monday-Friday: 5am-1pm, 4pm-8pm / Saturday and Sunday: 8am-2pm
- Members only at this time for general facility usage. New Members are welcome! Program opportunities for non-YMCA members. No guest passes or Nationwide memberships at this time.
- Age Policy: Youth ages 13+ will be allowed to use the facility with adult/guardian. Orientation required for Wellness Center usage for 13-14 year olds. Schedule ahead at the Member Services Desk, call in, or walk-in! Wellness Floor and Gym need a guardian with them in those areas. Guardians need to be within the facility for pool use or group exercise participation.
- Group Swimming Lessons will begin on September 19. Registration opens September 10! More information here.
- How to register for Group Exercise, Water Exercise, or Lap/Aerobic Swim.
- Lap swimming reservations will extend to weeknights and Sundays. Registration process will remain the same.
- Additional Water Exercise and Group Exercise classes will be added to the schedule. Registration process will remain the same.
- Phase 3 Pool FAQ
- Family Open Gym reservations will be available – reserve 1/4 of the gym for single household open gym here. Registration opens Saturday, September 12! Open Gym FAQs.
- Continuing to offer: walking track, wellness floor, personal training.
- Coming Soon: Child Watch to open October 1, Adult and Youth programming for multiple ages will continue to be added.
Mandatory Actions Upon Entering the YMCA:
- All staff, members and participants will have their temperature checked and will answer health screening questions before entering the building.
- Temperature taken with a no-contact thermometer
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms (chills, new cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches, headache, loss of smell or taste)
- Is anyone in your household experiencing any of the above symptoms?
- In the past 14 days, to the best of your knowledge, have you or anyone in your household come in contact (within 6′ for 15 minutes or more) with anyone experiencing any of the above symptoms or having a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- If yes, are you a healthcare worker equipped with the CDC recommended PPE at the time of exposure?
- Members will be required to wear a mask (Governor Walz Executive Order 20-81) while inside the building. Once you start working out, the mask may be removed if physical distancing occurs during your workout.
- Members are asked to wash or sanitize their hands before and after working out. Sanitizing stations are located at the entrance and throughout the building.
- Temporary Age Policy: Phase 3 allows only youth ages 13+ into the facility with a guardian. Wellness Floor and Gym need a guardian with them in those areas. Guardians need to be within the facility for pool use or group exercise participation. There will be programming for younger youth coming in the near future!
- Members must maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance, family units are allowed to stand together.
- No guests or Nationwide memberships are permitted at this time (Northfield Area Family YMCA members only). New members are welcome!
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use (staff will continue to clean).
- No on-site transactions will take place. Members are encouraged to continue to conduct business and communications by phone and/or email. Many forms have been made available online.
What To Expect When Coming To The Y:
- All staff will be wearing personal protective equipment.
- We have controlled access to the facility through one entrance.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage physical distancing, hand washing, and to remind members to disinfect equipment.
- Water fountains are “bottle-fill only”.
- Time will be limited to 60 minutes in the facility.
- No gym use (used for Camp programming and Group Exercise).
- No Locker Room Use (outside of pool reservations)
- Lockers will not be available.
- No Towel Service.
- Only select and marked machines are to be used (to ensure proper physical distancing)
- You are welcome to bring your own equipment for Group Exercise classes or your own workout.
Limited Capacity Information:
- Each space within the YMCA has a capacity set to honor physical distancing requirements.
- 24 people on the Wellness Floor (divided between the walking track, cardio area, and free weight area).
- 9 participants per group exercise class (gym or outdoors).
- Unlimited capacity in our ongoing Virtual Classes!
- 1 swimmer per lane, up to 2 non-lap swimmers.