Job Title: Wellness Center Attendant
Posted: April 22, 2021
Status: Part Time Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $10.08 - $10.75 Per Hour
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community
through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Interacts with new and existing
members to help them in achieving their health and well-being goals. Creates a welcoming and safe
environment for all members of all backgrounds and abilities.
Morning, evening, and weekend shifts available.
1. Builds effective, authentic relationships with members.
2. Helps members connect with each other and the YMCA. Introduces new members to group
exercise communities and YMCA programs based on their health and well-being goals.
3. Utilizes tools and information for the purpose of increasing member knowledge of wellness as
well as wellness programs provided through the YMCA (handouts, schedules, etc.).
4. Conducts tours of the facility to perspective and new members, providing information about
the YMCA mission, programming, and policies.
5. Conduct New Member and Youth Orientations to introduce members to the opportunities for
health and wellness programming available to them at the Northfield Area Family YMCA.
6. Maintains, cleans, and disinfects equipment according to the procedures and protocols of the
Northfield Area Family YMCA.
7. Implements and educates members on YMCA safety protocols and procedures.
8. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
9. Attends all staff meetings.
10. Performs other duties as assigned that encourage and support the health and well-being of all
• Age 16+
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with adults and
• CPR/AED, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, and Bloodborne Pathogens certifications (within
30 days of hire).
• Experience and background in health and wellness.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending,
reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve
others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working
relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and
perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s
point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning;
speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting
policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed
goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal
feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical
knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date
knowledge and skills in technology.
The mission of the Northfield Area Family YMCA is to build strong kids, strong families and a stronger community. Since 2005, the Northfield Y has served thousands of youth, families and individuals in the community through its full slate of annual programming, camps, youth sports and fitness offerings utilizing numerous locations. In August 2014, a brand new facility opened to serve our community. The facility includes an indoor pool, a full service wellness center to include cardio and strength equipment, fitness studio and personal training, child watch (babysitting), locker rooms and a large community multi-purpose room.
Northfield Community Information
Northfield is bursting with vibrant culture, esteemed academics, celebrated arts, progressive technology and a cherished history. Our community has two high quality private colleges, St. Olaf and Carleton, and a highly rated public school system with charter and private options available as well. The Cannon River flows through the city providing picturesque beauty all year round giving that small town feel (pop: 20,000) though just a hop-skip and a jump from the Twin Cities. Northfield is 30 miles south of Minneapolis or 25 driving miles from Burnsville.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an employment application and return to 1501 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield MN 55057 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application can be found below: