Job Title: Preschool Recreation Instructor positions
Posted: September 9, 2019
Status: Part Time Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $9.86+ per hour, based on experience
Under the direction of the Program Director and Preschool Lead, with the goals and objectives of the Northfield Y, a Preschool Recreation Instructor is responsible for implementing age-appropriate programs with high-quality customer service. The goal is to provide a strong role model to all participants and connect with parents and youth in a meaningful way.
Preschool Recreation Instructors who work a minimum of 2 shifts per week will receive an Adult Membership (valued at $48 per month) or upgrade your Adult Membership to a Family Membership (valued at $76 per month) for the difference.
First consideration is given to applications received by Thursday, Sept 19th. Hiring will continue until all positions are filled.
Join the fun and help support our community in healthy opportunities at the Y.
Please submit your employment application (located on the Y's website or at the front desk) to Alison Haider: email@example.com.
- Develops meaningful relationships with parents, youth, and other Y staff.
- Model, teach, and incorporate the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Interact with members/guests in a positive manner at all times.
- Implement programs to include meeting program goals, lesson plan goals, budget goals, and operating procedures.
- Hand out evaluations to parents and youth regarding programs in order to gather feedback from participants in order to maintain quality instruction and activities.
- Attend all required staff trainings and meetings.
- Learn all participant names.
- Be responsible for safety of the participants and never leave a program unsupervised.
- Be responsible for putting own equipment away.
- Have fun.
- Assist the Program Director, Preschool Lead, and the Y staff team as necessary to ensure successful outcome of Y operations and mission.
Examples of preschool programs:
- Wiggles & Giggles Open Gym / Preschoolers in the Park
- Wee games, sports, and science programs
- Messy Play / Young Artists
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and
perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Background working with children under the age 6
- Experience development or managing toddler or preschool activities
- Ability to interact comfortably with youth and parents
- Ability to lead programs and demonstrate and participate in a variety of recreation activities to include physical and nonphysical activities
- Certifications required within 90 days of hire: CPR/AED or other trainings as required
Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
Preschool instructor education or experience working in a licensed daycare.
The mission of the Northfield Area Family YMCA is to build strong kids, strong families and a stronger community. Since 2005, the Northfield Y has served thousands of youth, families and individuals in the community through its full slate of annual programming, camps, youth sports and fitness offerings utilizing numerous locations. In August 2014, a brand new facility opened to serve our community. The facility includes an indoor pool, a full service wellness center to include cardio and strength equipment, fitness studio and personal training, child watch (babysitting), locker rooms and a large community multi-purpose room.
Northfield Community Information
Northfield is bursting with vibrant culture, esteemed academics, celebrated arts, progressive technology and a cherished history. Our community has two high quality private colleges, St. Olaf and Carleton, and a highly rated public school system with charter and private options available as well. The Cannon River flows through the city providing picturesque beauty all year round giving that small town feel (pop: 20,000) though just a hop-skip and a jump from the Twin Cities. Northfield is 30 miles south of Minneapolis or 25 driving miles from Burnsville.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an employment application and return to 1501 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield MN 55057 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application can be found below: