Job Title: Member Services (Front Desk) Various Shifts Available
Posted: June 19, 2019
Status: Part Time Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $9.86+ per hour (Based on Experience)
Promote a positive, professional and welcoming atmosphere by providing excellent service to all Y and community members and guests. Respond to needs, promote memberships, programs and services and maintain cleanliness and organization of the front desk and lobby area. Enthusiastically greet everyone, answer questions and provide facility tours as needed.
We have various shifts available throughout the week.
All Y staff members who work at least 2 shifts per week are eligible for a free Adult Membership (valued at $48 per month) or upgrade to a Family Membership for the difference in cost ($28 per month). Help support our community by providing healthy opportunities for people from all walks of life: join the Y team!
Send employment application to DeAnna Ehnes-Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greet and assist at the front desk in a courteous, professional and friendly manner. Learn Y and Community member names and ask questions to learn about their interests in Y programs and services. Strive to enrich their Y experience by introducing them to new programs, staff, other members and volunteer activities.
- Answer the telephone, provide requested information, direct calls and take accurate messages.
- Provide the benefits of becoming a member and give facility tours as needed, explaining the Y mission, volunteer opportunities and scholarships available.
- Build relationships with members; help people connect with one another and the Y.
- Respond to needs. Contact appropriate personnel when necessary. Handle complaints in a courteous manner. Effectively negotiate and resolve customer service problems.
- Schedule reservations, provide rental information and sell Y merchandise.
- Process participant program registrations, including membership sign-up and issue new member ID cards.
- Handle potential new member phone inquiries using Y best practices.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Strong communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Ability to actively listen.
- Self-started, able to handle multiple tasks under limited supervision, work well in a team setting and be detailed oriented.
- Experience and knowledge with computers.
- Have cash handling skills and the ability to reconcile shift transactions accurately.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
The mission of the Northfield Area Family YMCA is to build strong kids, strong families and a stronger community. Since 2005, the Northfield Y has served thousands of youth, families and individuals in the community through its full slate of annual programming, camps, youth sports and fitness offerings utilizing numerous locations. In August 2014, a brand new facility opened to serve our community. The facility includes an indoor pool, a full service wellness center to include cardio and strength equipment, fitness studio and personal training, child watch (babysitting), locker rooms and a large community multi-purpose room.
Northfield Community Information
Northfield is bursting with vibrant culture, esteemed academics, celebrated arts, progressive technology and a cherished history. Our community has two high quality private colleges, St. Olaf and Carleton, and a highly rated public school system with charter and private options available as well. The Cannon River flows through the city providing picturesque beauty all year round giving that small town feel (pop: 20,000) though just a hop-skip and a jump from the Twin Cities. Northfield is 30 miles south of Minneapolis or 25 driving miles from Burnsville.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an employment application and return to 1501 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield MN 55057 or to email@example.com. Application can be found below: