Job Title: Child Watch Staff
Posted: June 22, 2021
Status: Part Time Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $10.08-$11.00
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Responsible for implementing age appropriate programs with high quality service. Creates a welcoming and safe environment for all members of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Provides high quality customer service to all members, guests, and children in Child Watch.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- In conjunction with the Child Watch Lead Staff, problem solves and responds in an appropriate and respectful manner to any questions or concerns brought forth by members, staff, kids, or guests.
- Troubleshoots problems that arise, appropriately handles all incidents, communicates with supervisors and coworkers clearly and effectively.
- Participates in day-to-day tasks and activities alongside coworkers while following all policies and procedures outlined by the YMCA. Interacts with kids on their level in a developmentally-appropriate manner.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident reports as necessary in a timely manner.
- Ensures professional presentation of equipment, curriculum, supplies, staff appearance, and locations at all times
- Ensures youth are tracked properly in our customized registration (sign-in) system.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in child care or youth programs for ages infant – age 9.
- Ability to interact comfortably with youth and parents at a fast pace.
- Ability to work with a diverse community.
- Ability to lead programs and demonstrate and participate in a variety of recreation activities to include physical and nonphysical activities.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention certifications (within 30 days of hire).
- The employee is often required to sit; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and stand/walk/run for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific abilities required by this job require the visual, auditory, and verbal ability to clearly watch and listen to individual and groups of children at near and distant ranges.
The mission of the Northfield Area Family YMCA is to build strong kids, strong families and a stronger community. Since 2005, the Northfield Y has served thousands of youth, families and individuals in the community through its full slate of annual programming, camps, youth sports and fitness offerings utilizing numerous locations. In August 2014, a brand new facility opened to serve our community. The facility includes an indoor pool, a full service wellness center to include cardio and strength equipment, fitness studio and personal training, child watch (babysitting), locker rooms and a large community multi-purpose room.
Northfield Community Information
Northfield is bursting with vibrant culture, esteemed academics, celebrated arts, progressive technology and a cherished history. Our community has two high quality private colleges, St. Olaf and Carleton, and a highly rated public school system with charter and private options available as well. The Cannon River flows through the city providing picturesque beauty all year round giving that small town feel (pop: 20,000) though just a hop-skip and a jump from the Twin Cities. Northfield is 30 miles south of Minneapolis or 25 driving miles from Burnsville.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an employment application and return to 1501 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield MN 55057 or to email@example.com. Application can be found below: