Job Title: Aquatics Coordinator
Posted: August 20, 2020
Status: Part Time Non-Exempt
Wage Range: Starting at $12.00/hour
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the direction of the Program Director with the goals and objectives of the Northfield Y, the Aquatic Coordinator is responsible for implementing age appropriate programs with high quality customer service. The goal is to provide a strong role model to all participants and connect with parents and youth in a meaningful way. This role also acts as a leader within the Aquatics Department, helping uphold the high safety and program standards held by the Northfield Area Family YMCA.
- Develops meaningful relationships with parents, youth, and other Y staff.
- Model, teach, and incorporate the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Interact with members/guests in a positive manner at all times.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Ensures the safety of the facility by monitoring and reporting to the Program Director.
- Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Ability to interact with youth and adults of all ages.
- Implement programs to include meeting program goals, lesson plan goals and budget goals.
- Assist Program Director with support and training of Aquatic staff team.
- Coordinate, schedule and monitor private swim lessons.
- Assist Program Director with creating and implementing member retention programs.
- Proactively monitor swim lesson class focus and participation.
- Assist Program Director in planning and leading in-service trainings.
- Lead certification courses for Swim Instructors and Lifeguards
- Excellent organization, communication, customer service, and administration skills.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervision experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of swim lesson teaching or swim coaching experience.
- YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent certification, demonstrating skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention, Blood Borne Pathogen, Emergency Oxygen
- Strong commitment and knowledge of Aquatics.
Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
The mission of the Northfield Area Family YMCA is to build strong kids, strong families and a stronger community. Since 2005, the Northfield Y has served thousands of youth, families and individuals in the community through its full slate of annual programming, camps, youth sports and fitness offerings utilizing numerous locations. In August 2014, a brand new facility opened to serve our community. The facility includes an indoor pool, a full service wellness center to include cardio and strength equipment, fitness studio and personal training, child watch (babysitting), locker rooms and a large community multi-purpose room.
Northfield Community Information
Northfield is bursting with vibrant culture, esteemed academics, celebrated arts, progressive technology and a cherished history. Our community has two high quality private colleges, St. Olaf and Carleton, and a highly rated public school system with charter and private options available as well. The Cannon River flows through the city providing picturesque beauty all year round giving that small town feel (pop: 20,000) though just a hop-skip and a jump from the Twin Cities. Northfield is 30 miles south of Minneapolis or 25 driving miles from Burnsville.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an employment application and return to 1501 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield MN 55057 or to email@example.com. Application can be found below: