Y FACILITY HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTER INFORMATION
At the Y we want to provide opportunities for you to get and stay healthy. Our entire 2nd floor is filled with a wide variety of ways to support your health. Youth ages 10-12 or 13-17 may also participate (see below for youth age requirements).
New and Improved 12 Week Fitness Program – This is a great way to get started on a fitness plan. Sign-up today ($10 for the entire program) and a trainer will contact you to arrange for your first consultation.
In the early days of cardio equipment, repetition and fixed resistance was pretty much the standard for workouts. Today, these machines bristle with technical innovations that can emulate hill climbs, downslopes and various posture choices. Equipment orientations are free.
The Y Wellness Floor Features:
- Indoor Walking/Running Track: Safe, comfortable nine foot wide track with large window views – 13 laps is a mile. Youth under the age of 13 can be on the track with an adult present.
- Cardio Equipment: New Matrix equipment with TVs/data lines for each – treadmills, ellipticals, upright and recumbent bikes, a rowing machine as well as Octane and NuStep recumbent cross trainers plus 2 spinning bikes (40-45 total pieces).
- Strength/Weight Equipment: Leg press, Leg extension, Seated leg curl, Inner and outer thigh machines, abdominal crunch machine, converging chest press, converging shoulder press, diverging seated row, diverging lat pull and adjustable cable crossover.
- Free Weights: Smith Machine, Cable Cross Machine, 3-way Olympic bench, Olympic decline bench, multi-adjustable bench, preacher curl and plates, 3-grip plates from 2.5lb up to 45 lb, octagonal dumbbells (10lb-70lb in 5lb increments) and rubber hex dumbbells (20lb-30lb).
- Group Fitness Studio: a beautiful space with wood floors and windows. 40+ classes per week – early morning, midday and evenings. Visit the Group Fitness Calendar often for updates. Check the Group Exercise page for updates to include class descriptions (2nd page).
- Youth Orientations: Youth ages 13 and older may participate in the Wellness Center after taking a Youth Orientation (and wear appropriate wristband). Youth ages 10-12 may also participate in the Wellness Center after taking a Youth Orientation (and wear appropriate wristband) but must always have an adult present. Visit the front desk or call 507-645-0088 to schedule an orientation.
- Equipment Orientation: Interested in learning about our equipment or trying something new? Sign up for an equipment orientation at the front desk (free).
- The Y has TRX! The TRX Suspension Trainer is a great way to increase your muscular endurance. TRX uses gravity and your body weight to perform many different exercises such as squats, chest press, plank, and row. It helps improve strength, balance, flexibility, and core stability. To use it just ask at the Wellness Center desk!
Wellness Floor and Youth:
Youth Wellness Center Access – Wristband Policy (printable version)
Youth, ages 13-17 who have completed a Youth Orientation can use equipment on the wellness floor, attend a group exercise class or use the indoor walking/running track unchaperoned. Sign-up for a Youth Orientation at our front desk and get your wristband each time you check-in at the Y.
Youth, ages 10-12 who have completed a Youth Orientation can use equipment on the wellness floor or use the indoor walking/running track but must have an adult present while they participate. Sign-up for a Youth Orientation at our front desk and get your wristband each time you check-in at the Y.
Indoor Walking/Running Track Punch Cards Available
Community Members interested in using the indoor track can purchase a 5-punch ($15) or a 10-punch card ($30). The punch card provides access to the track and the locker rooms and can be used by multiple family members. Just ask at the front desk for details!
Ask if your health insurance qualifies you for fitness rewards! We partner with health insurance companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medica, UCare and HealthPartners. Work out at the YMCA Health and Wellness Center and you could be reimbursed $20 per month for your membership! Check with your individual carrier for details.