Make an Impact. You help provide a strong, safe, and healthy community for all.
Financial contributions to the YMCA ensure that everyone has the opportunity to prosper, thrive and grow together in a healthy environment. When you give to the Y, your generosity reaches children, adults and families through the Northfield Area and surrounding communities. There are several ways for individuals and businesses to help support the work of the YMCA.
The Y Annual Campaign supports partnerships that support health and wellness, community partner programs, as well as membership and program scholarships for youth, adults, and families.
Scholarships made possible through the Annual Campaign ensure the following:
- No one is turned away because of an inability to pay for their participation in swimming lessons, youth-in-government, sports programs, summer camp or any other Y program or service.
- Continue to strengthen partner organization work by connecting with individuals and families to address and/or overcome obstacles of participating in health and wellness programs at the Y.
Financial scholarship awards range from 20%-75% off regular fees.
Every gift makes a difference!
$50: a child can explore the outdoors at Y camp
$150: 7 adults get access to fitness opportunities in the fight against obesity
$250: 3 single parents can join the Y and visit regularly with their children
$500: 15 youth in recreation programs can stretch their muscles and have fun with friends
$1,000: 10 students can develop civic leadership skills through Youth in Government
$2,500: provides 90 families a monthly membership for unlimited fun and healthy opportunities
Area of Greatest Needs Fund
You can make a positive impact for those who need us most by donating to our Area of Greatest Needs Fund. These donations are utilized as a key resource to addressing the most important needs of the community and Northfield Area Family YMCA. During the pandemic this fund has helped keep youth, families, and individuals safe during this difficult time and provided access to needed programs and services.
Example of how the Area of Greatest Needs Fund has provided support in the following ways during COVID-19:
- Priority child care and financial assistance to emergency and essential workers
- Food distribution for youth, families, and seniors
- Telephone wellness checks to members sharing resources to stay healthy and safe
- Virtual offerings for member and community
- Connecting people to critical community services and serving as community resource hub during times of closure
- Homework help for middle and high school students
YMCA Endowment Fund
For those looking to make more long term or lasting donations, this form of giving might be the right method. If you are interested in learning more about the YMCA Endowment Fund, please contact Krista Danner at email@example.com
Click here to hear testimonials from community and staff members on why they choose to support the Y!
To make a donation, click here or complete a donation card and mail or deliver to the YMCA at 1500 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield MN.
To speak with someone about any of the above methods of giving, please call 507-645-0088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Northfield Area Family YMCA Tax ID # is: 59-3817686. The YMCA is a 501(c) public charity. Contributions of any size make a direct impact. Donations are tax-deductible.
For information on how to apply for a scholarship – visit our Membership Page.