Make an Impact. You help provide a strong, safe, and healthy community for all.
OUR Y COMMUNITY IS MAKING AN IMPACT RIGHT NOW FOR YOU AND YOUR NEIGHBORS.
Greatest Needs Fund
- Priority child care and financial assistance to emergency and essential workers
- Food distribution for youth, families, and seniors
- Telephone wellness checks to members sharing resources to stay healthy and safe
- Connecting people to critical community services
You can make a positive impact for those who need us most by donating to our Greatest Needs Fund. Help keep youth, families, and individuals safe during this difficult time and give access to YMCA programs as quickly as possible when we reopen our doors.
2020 Annual Campaign
With your donation, we can share the Y with youth, adults and families who otherwise might not be able to participate at the Y. Contributions ensure that everyone has the opportunity to prosper, thrive and develop together in a healthy environment. Y Annual Campaign donations also support partnerships in support of health and wellness community partner programs (such as Northfield’s Promise or Greenvale Park Community School).
Direct family financial scholarship goals:
- Ensure that no one is turned away because of an inability to pay for their participation in swimming lessons, youth-in-government, sports, summer camp or any other Y program or service.
- Increase the monthly participation (frequency) in Y programs and services of financial scholarship recipients.
- Continue to strengthen partner organization work by connecting with individual family members together (as a team) to address and/or overcome obstacles of participating in health and wellness programs at the Y. Partner organizations include CAC, Growing Up Healthy, HealthFinders Collaborative, West Hills Lodge (outpatient chemical dependency treatment facility) and local group homes.
You have an extraordinary opportunity to ensure a brighter future for so many Northfielders and members in our surrounding community. Each month we have an average of 650 community members receiving support. Financial scholarship awards range from 20%-75% off regular fees. When you give to the Y, your generosity reaches children, adults and families throughout the Northfield area. Join the list of those making these opportunities available.
$50: a child can explore the outdoors Y camp
$150: 7 adults get access to fitness opportunities in the fight against obesity
$250: 3 single parents can join the Y and visit regularly with their children
$500: 15 youth in recreation programs can stretch their muscles and have fun with friends
$1,000: 10 students can develop civic leadership skills through Youth in Government
$2,500: provides 90 families a monthly membership for unlimited fun and healthy opportunities
The Northfield Area Family YMCA Tax ID # is: 59-3817686
Direct Family Scholarship Support
Families receiving direct support come from a wide variety of backgrounds including those experiencing layoffs, limited income, salary reductions, divorce, mental and physical disabilities, single parent households and military service.
In addition to providing direct scholarship to families, the Y Scholarship Drive subsidizes safe and beneficial programs for youth and families. To ensure the safety of all Y program participants, staff receive training in First Aid, CPR and child abuse prevention. The Y Scholarship Drive makes it possible for us to host Healthy Kids Day, a community-wide event offered every spring to educate and actively engage kids and parents in healthy initiatives.
The YMCA is a 501(c) public charity. Contributions of any size make a direct impact. Donations are tax-deductible. Thanks to your support and generosity, the YMCA will not turn anyone away because of inability to pay.
For information on how to apply for a scholarship – visit our Membership Page. You do not need to be a member to participate in Y programs or services (or to receive a financial scholarship).