The new Northfield Y is expected to open in early September, 2014. Community financial support has allowed us to continue construction of the new facility, which includes the following amenities:
- Indoor Aquatics center featuring an easy depth entry pool, lap swimming, swim lessons, water fitness, family play area, water features and slide
- Full-size regulation high school gymnasium
- Wellness floor including free weights, fitness studio, Personal Training, cardio & strength equipment, and equipment for injury recovery after physical therapy
- Indoor walking track for walkers and runners
- Child Watch supervised care while other family members participate in Y programs/services
- Community multi-purpose gathering room
- Locker rooms, including family/special needs facilities, and staff offices
This is a 31,000 square foot facility with a total project cost of $9.3M which includes construction, land and start-up expenses.
Facebook is a great way to get up-to-date construction photos. Here are few that you might have missed:
Lots of work is being done to get the facility prepared for our September opening. Signing up as an early member is one way you can support the opening of our Y. For membership information, click here.