The Northfield Area Family YMCA opened September 3, 2014. Community financial support allowed us to build this beautiful new facility, which includes the following amenities:
- Indoor Aquatics center featuring an easy depth entry pool, lap swimming, swim lessons, aqua fitness, family play area, and water features – including a mushroom, volleyball and basketball equipment and a slide
- Full-size regulation high school gymnasium
- Wellness floor including free weights, fitness studio, Personal Training, new cardio & strength equipment and free weights for injury recovery and illness prevention
- Indoor walking track for running and walking: 9 feet wide and marked for runners and walkers with 13 laps per mile
- Child Watch supervised care for the kids while other family members participate in Y programs/services
- Community multi-purpose gathering room with couches, tables and chairs, a fireplace and a great view into the pool so you can watch the kids in swim lessons
- Locker rooms, including family/special needs and men’s and women’s facilities plus staff offices
This is a 31,000 square foot facility with a total project cost of $9.3M which includes construction, land and start-up expenses.
From the earliest conversations, community volunteers have worked to provide a fiscally responsible, sustainable YMCA. To that end, tremendous effort is being put into developing a core facility that will support the Northfield community for generations to come.