Due to limited capacity set forth by MN Department of Health recommendations, we are currently at capacity for our YNavigator and Tween camps. However, we anticipate changes in capacities and enrollment and have an active waiting list. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please contact our Administrative Assistant at email@example.com. At this time, we only have wait list options for 4 or 5 day rate plans for our YNavigator and Tween Camps.
Please review the Parent Handbook for general Camp information. Coronavirus-specific communications will be sent out to enrolled parents early next week (before June 3). Please continue to check this page for updates.
Best Summer Ever
WHY Y CAMP?
The Northfield Area Family YMCA offers day camp opportunities for ages 3 to 15. YMCA camp programs offer a fun and unique experience that give children and teens the opportunity to have their Best Summer Ever, by meeting new friends, exploring nature, discovering new interests, being physically active and creating memories that last a lifetime.
Why should my kids attend YMCA summer day camp?
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth are encouraged to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, field trips, and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and help children learn to value spending time outdoors.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories and instill camp traditions that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP (please label your items):
- Nutritious lunch and a drink for YNavigator and Tween Extreme participants
- Swimsuit and a towel (even on non-swimming days, we may have water activities)
- Bag for wet swimsuit
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen and bug repellent that is labeled with your child’s name
- Tennis shoes are required and must be worn at all times (to be sure kids can participate in all activities)
- A light jacket or sweatshirt for a change in weather
- A bag or backpack to keep your camper’s things together
We request that your camper leave toys, electronics or other personal items at home (too often they get lost).
Join the fun this summer!
Wee Camp (Preschool)
In the great outdoors, opportunities for imagination and adventure are endless. At Wee Camps, we explore the wonders of nature, make arts and crafts, play with friends and exercise our muscles with lots of dancing, games and giggles. Wee Camps are based at the Carleton Arboretum.
YNavigator Camp (Entering Grades K-3)
At Y Navigators, elementary age kids enjoy trips to local and not-so-local destinations. We’ll swim at the Northfield pool and go on fabulous field trips. Strengthen your body and stretch your imagination this summer! Y Navigators Camps are based at the National Guard Armory.
Latest COVID-19/YMCA Member Updates & Newsletters The Y is a powerful association of youth, adults and families joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. That’s why we work side by side as a trusted partner and collaborator with the many […]
Prairie & Wood Camp (Entering Grades K-5)
Prairie and Wood Camps give kids a chance to explore and appreciate nature in a fun, cooperative learning environment. Kids make memories for a lifetime through this great collaboration with Carleton College. PAW Camps are based at the Carleton Arboretum and Farm House.
Tween Extreme Camp (Entering Grades 4-7)
Tween Extreme Camp (Entering Grades 4 – 7) Expanded to Include 7th Grade! Tween Camp is a camp created just for our older campers! This camp is built on the foundations of YNavigators and the Y’s Core Values of Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. Tween Camp offers opportunity for our Tween campers to participate in […]
Looking for resident summer camp opportunities? We partner with the Red Wing YMCA to offer kids ages 6.5 – 17 years the opportunity to experience Camp Pepin in Stockholm, WI. YMCA membership is not required and financial assistance is available. For more information or to register for Camp Pepin visit https://www.redwingymca.org/camppepin2020 or call 651-388-4724.
Counselors In Training (Entering Grades 8-10)
Counselors-In-Training (CIT) (Entering Grades 8 – 10) Counselors-in-Training or “CITs” are participants entering grades 8-10 or up to age 15 who are looking for leadership experience or who may want to apply for a job at the Y in the future (must be 16 years of age to apply for a position at the Y). […]
Parent Information, Registration and Forms
Forms and calendar information you will need to begin and to use throughout the summer.