Ready to become a member of the new Y? Y Membership form (for printing)
The Wellness Center is now open until 9:30pm Monday – Thursday (during the school year)
Get all the benefits of membership:
- Free and reduced-fee program opportunities for preschool and school-age youth, teens and adults
- Free access to Child Watch, supervised childcare with a Youth or Family Membership
- Access to Open Swim and Open Gum (youth ages 9+ do not need an adult chaperone (9 & 10 year olds must first pass a swim test))
- Free Group Exercise and Aqua Exercise classes — 50+ classes per week
- Unlimited access to an entire floor of fitness equipment (note youth age requirements below)
- Reduced rates on summer camp, swim lessons and personal training
- Reduced rates on specialty programs like School’s Out Days, Daddy Daughter Dance, Y Kids Tri and the Kids Night at the Y
- Unlimited access to the indoor walking / running track
- $10 12-Week Fitness Program
- Locker rooms for men, women and family/special needs
- No membership contracts
- $20 monthly insurance reimbursement available for most major health insurance carriers
- Free reciprocity access to all the Minnesota YMCAs (ask for details) NEW! Join the Northfield YMCA and have unlimited access to Y’s around the state (provided you visit our Y 50% of the time (as your ‘home’ Y).
- Limited free access to YMCAs around the country
Facility Membership Fees – effective August 1, 2016:
Youth Membership $28.50 per month
Adult Membership $44.00 per month
Family Membership $75.00 per month
Family Plus Membership $95.00 per month ($75 Family membership plus $20 for an additional adult)
$25 Joiners Fee for all memberships
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
“What is a Family Membership?”
A Family Membership includes two adults and all children under the age of 18 living in the same household. Exceptions: college kids under the age of 26 can be included by providing a current class schedule; additional adults with special needs can be added under a Family Membership; and exchange students living with the family may also be included.
“What is a Family Plus Membership?”
As diversity trends reshape our communities, the YMCA has the responsibility to look at the family membership structure and rethink what may constitute as family for some of our members. This add on to the family membership concept is an easy way to address most multi-adult household scenarios; by providing an opportunity for families to continue spending time together at the Y. Whether an adult child or grandparent or anywhere in between, the Family Plus Membership allows for a 3rd adult to be included in the family membership. Must show proof of residence.
“What are the hours for the new facility?”
You’ll find hours of operation for our facility, Child Watch, Swim and Group Exercise on our calendars, in the sidebar on the right side of this page. You can also click the Calendar icon in the orange bar at the top of our website. The Group Fitness and Swim schedule will be expanding as we continue to hire staff.
“What amenities does the new Y facility have ?”
Our beautiful 31,000 square foot facility features an indoor pool, gymnasium, indoor walking/running track, Group Exercise studio, wellness floor, Child Watch, and locker rooms. To view more details about our new facility, visit our Building a new Y pages or click here. You’ll find a list of fitness amenities on our Wellness Center page.
What is a “12 Week Fitness Program?”
The Y is committed to helping individuals with their health and an overall exercise plan. Trained fitness professionals will work with you to create custom goals over a 12 week period, monitor progress and assessments based on various cardiovascular and strength workouts. For more information, click here.
“What activities are available at the facility for my youth ages 10+?”
At the Y, we love kids of all ages! Teens and Tweens who have graduated from Child Watch but aren’t quite teenagers have a place in our new facility. It is our vision to offer more unchaperoned services and programs for kids ages 8 and up. As the Y continues to grow, we will look for ongoing ways to support younger age groups too. Here’s a snapshot of our current policy:
- Youth ages 9+ can participate in Open Gym (without an adult)
- Youth ages 9+ can participate in Open Swim (youth ages 9 & 10 must first pass a swim test and wear a yellow wrist band – the swim test is to swim the length of the pool)
- Youth ages 10+ can use the 2nd floor fitness equipment (Note youth age requirements):
- Youth ages 13-17: access to most or all equipment (based on age) once a Youth Orientation is completed
- Youth Ages 10-12: access to some equipment once a Youth Orientation is completed and youth must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Youth ages 13+ can participate in all group fitness classes
- Youth of all ages can sign up for swim lessons, sports & recreation programs or other opportunities listed in our program brochures.
“Can youth use the fitness equipment, take a group exercise class or use the indoor track?”
Youth ages 13-17 who have completed a Youth Orientation can use equipment on the wellness floor, attend a group exercise class or use the indoor walking/running track unchaperoned. Sign up for a Youth Orientation at our front desk to get started. Youth ages 10-12 who have completed a Youth Orientation can use some equipment on the wellness floor or use the indoor walking/running track with an adult chaperone. Sign-up for a Youth Orientation at our front desk.
“How do I join as a member?”
Just download the membership form from the link above, fill it out and drop it off or mail it to 1501 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield, MN 55057.
“Is there an easy way to re-join as a member?”
If you are re-registering as a member, simply email “membership @northfieldymca.org” or call us at 507-645-0088 and we’ll follow-up with you to make the process easy (we’ll confirm members of the family, preferred payment information, start date, etc).
More questions about membership? Call us at 507-645-0088
Not ready for a membership? Participate in programs as a community member or spend time at the Y with a day guest pass. Membership is not required for participation in YMCA programs. Daily Guest Passes for the new facility are $12 per family, $7 per adult and $5 per youth. Child Watch supervised childcare is available FREE for those with family memberships and costs just $3 per two hours for adult members or community members. If you plan to use the Y often, membership is your best value.
Ask if your health insurance qualifies you for fitness rewards! We partner with health insurance companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medica and HealthPartners. Work out at the YMCA Health and Wellness Center and you could be reimbursed $20 per month for your membership! Check with your individual carrier for details. If your employer offers a fitness reimbursement, contact our office.
Interested in a Financial Scholarship? At the Y, we believe we have something special—a sense of community—and that everyone should have access to it, along with the programs and services that help us learn, grow and thrive. To apply for financial support, just fill out the application below and submit it to Executive Director Virginia Kaczmarek. All information is kept strictly confidential. Email your completed application to email@example.com or mail it to 1501 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield, MN 55057.