Ready to become a member of the new Y? Y Membership Enrollment Form
Get all the benefits of membership:
- Free and reduced-fee program opportunities for preschool and school-age youth, teens and adults
- Free access to Child Watch, supervised childcare with a Youth or Family Membership
- Access to Open Swim and Open Gum (youth ages 9+ do not need an adult chaperone (9 & 10 year olds must first pass a swim test))
- Free Group Exercise and Aqua Exercise classes — 50+ classes per week
- Unlimited access to an entire floor of fitness equipment (note youth age requirements below)
- Reduced rates on summer camp, swim lessons and personal training
- Reduced rates on specialty programs like School’s Out Days, Daddy Daughter Dance, Y Kids Tri and the Kids Night at the Y
- Unlimited access to the indoor walking / running track
- $10 12-Week Fitness Program
- Locker rooms for men, women and family/special needs
- No membership contracts
- $20 monthly insurance reimbursement available for most major health insurance carriers
- Free reciprocity access to all the Minnesota YMCAs (ask for details) NEW! Join the Northfield YMCA and have unlimited access to Y’s around the state (provided you visit our Y 50% of the time (as your ‘home’ Y).
- Limited free access to YMCAs around the country
Facility Membership Fees – effective August 1, 2016:
Youth Membership $28.50 per month
Adult Membership $44.00 per month
Family Membership $75.00 per month
$25 Joiners Fee for all memberships
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
“What is a Family Membership?”
A Family Membership includes two adults and all children under the age of 18 living in the same household. Exceptions: college kids under the age of 26 can be included by providing a current class schedule; additional adults with special needs can be added under a Family Membership; and exchange students living with the family may also be included.
“What are the hours for the new facility?”
You’ll find hours of operation for our facility, Child Watch, Swim and Group Exercise on our calendars, in the sidebar on the right side of this page. You can also click the Calendar icon in the orange bar at the top of our website. The Group Fitness and Swim schedule will be expanding as we continue to hire staff.
“What amenities does the new Y facility have ?”
Our beautiful 31,000 square foot facility features an indoor pool, gymnasium, indoor walking/running track, Group Exercise studio, wellness floor, Child Watch, and locker rooms. To view more details about our new facility, visit our Building a new Y pages or click here. You’ll find a list of fitness amenities on our Wellness Center page.
What is a “12 Week Fitness Program?”
The Y is committed to helping individuals with their health and an overall exercise plan. Trained fitness professionals will work with you to create custom goals over a 12 week period, monitor progress and assessments based on various cardiovascular and strength workouts. For more information, click here.
“What activities are available at the facility for my youth ages 10+?”
At the Y, we love kids of all ages! Teens and Tweens who have graduated from Child Watch but aren’t quite teenagers have a place in our new facility. It is our vision to offer more unchaperoned services and programs for kids ages 8 and up. As the Y continues to grow, we will look for ongoing ways to support younger age groups too. Here’s a snapshot of our current policy:
- Youth ages 9+ can participate in Open Gym (without an adult)
- Youth ages 9+ can participate in Open Swim (youth ages 9 & 10 must first pass a swim test and wear a yellow wrist band – the swim test is to swim the length of the pool)
- Youth ages 10+ can use the 2nd floor fitness equipment (Note youth age requirements):
- Youth ages 13-17: access to most or all equipment (based on age) once a Youth Orientation is completed
- Youth Ages 10-12: access to some equipment once a Youth Orientation is completed and youth must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Youth ages 13+ can participate in all group fitness classes
- Youth of all ages can sign up for swim lessons, sports & recreation programs or other opportunities listed in our program brochures.
“Can youth use the fitness equipment, take a group exercise class or use the indoor track?”
Youth ages 13-17 who have completed a Youth Orientation can use equipment on the wellness floor, attend a group exercise class or use the indoor walking/running track unchaperoned. Sign up for a Youth Orientation at our front desk to get started. Youth ages 10-12 who have completed a Youth Orientation can use some equipment on the wellness floor or use the indoor walking/running track with an adult chaperone. Sign-up for a Youth Orientation at our front desk.
“How do I join as a member?”
Just download the membership form from the link above, fill it out and drop it off or mail it to 1501 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield, MN 55057.
“Is there an easy way to re-join as a member?”
If you are re-registering as a member, simply email “membership @northfieldymca.org” or call us at 507-645-0088 and we’ll follow-up with you to make the process easy (we’ll confirm members of the family, preferred payment information, start date, etc).
More questions about membership? Call us at 507-645-0088
Not ready for a membership? Participate in programs as a community member or spend time at the Y with a day guest pass. Membership is not required for participation in YMCA programs. Daily Guest Passes for the new facility are $12 per family, $7 per adult and $5 per youth. Child Watch supervised childcare is available FREE for those with family memberships and costs just $3 per two hours for adult members or community members. If you plan to use the Y often, membership is your best value.
Ask if your health insurance qualifies you for fitness rewards! We partner with health insurance companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medica and HealthPartners. Work out at the YMCA Health and Wellness Center and you could be reimbursed $20 per month for your membership! Check with your individual carrier for details. If your employer offers a fitness reimbursement, contact our office.
Interested in a Financial Scholarship? At the Y, we believe we have something special—a sense of community—and that everyone should have access to it, along with the programs and services that help us learn, grow and thrive. To apply for financial support, just fill out the application below and submit it to Executive Director Virginia Kaczmarek. All information is kept strictly confidential. Email your completed application to email@example.com or mail it to 1501 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield, MN 55057.
Need a Scholarship? At the Y, we believe we have something special—a sense of community—and that everyone should have access to it, along with the programs and services that help us learn, grow and thrive. To apply for financial support, just fill out the application below and submit it to Executive Director Virginia Kaczmarek for consideration. All information is kept strictly confidential.
Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to 1501 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield, MN 55057.
Fill out this form: Financial Scholarship
Two Ways the Y is working to support our military and veteran families:
- Families of currently deployed military staff receive a YMCA membership free (paid for by the Department of Defense). Contact our Office Manager, Lyn Salaba for details (Lyn@northfieldymca.org or 507-645-0088). More information below.
- Veterans can sign up for a Y Membership in Minnesota and have the joiner’s fee waived. This is a partnership with the Y’s in Minnesota and the Veterans Administration. More details below.
Northfield Area Family YMCA Provides Support to Military Families as Part of a new $31-Million Initiative
Armed Services YMCA and Department of Defense partnership gives military families access to youth development, family strengthening, and health and well-being programs
As part of the new Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA) and Department of Defense (DoD) Outreach Initiative, the Northfield Area Family YMCA will provide military families with access to youth development, family strengthening, and health and well-being programs.
“The Northfield Area Family YMCA is happy to help meet the critical needs facing families of deployed military service members,” said Virginia Kaczmarek, Executive Director of the Northfield Area Family YMCA. “Families are the most affected when a loved one gets deployed, so we are deeply committed to providing them with the support they need.”
The ASYMCA-DoD Outreach Initiative responds to a provision in the National Defense Authorization Act of 2008, which requires the Secretary of Defense to develop a plan to support military family readiness and to ensure that military family readiness programs and activities are available to all military families, including those of the National Guard and Military Reservists. Military families participating in the initiative are eligible for YMCA memberships based on participation requirements. Those eligible to participate in the new initiative include:
- All interested families of joint deployed National Guard and Reserves of all military branches;
- Families living in newly established Joint Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) bases;
- Active Duty Independent Duty station personnel and their families; and
- Relocated spouses and family members of deployed Active Duty personnel.
“The YMCA has a long history of supporting military service members and their families since the Civil War so it was natural for us to join this initiative,” said Kaczmarek. “During this time of conflict, it is more important than ever that we continue providing services and support to these families in the absence of a deployed spouse.”
YMCA Membership is FREE to eligible families and includes access to the Health & Wellness fitness center, free child care at the center, free youth programs and discounts on programs. Membership fees will be underwritten by the DoD and administered through Military OneSource, an information and referral service for military families. YMCA of the USA, the national resource office for America 2,686 YMCAs, will help launch the initiative at participating YMCAs across the country.
More information about the ASYMCA-DoD Outreach Initiative can be found by visiting www.asymca.org.
Press Release/Public Service Announcement
Northfield Area Family YMCA
Effective immediately, the YMCA in partnership with the Veterans Administration is providing a $0 Joiners fee for Veteran and their families. At the Y, we understand the dedication and personal sacrifice that veterans and their families make to protect and serve our nation. As a small token of gratitude for your military service, we’re waiving the joiner fee for veterans and their families at every Y across Minnesota (monthly membership costs still apply).
“As a U.S. Marine Corp veteran, I could not be more proud of this partnership with the VA. I look forward to finding more ways to support not only those who have served our country but also their families.” said Virginia Kaczmarek, Northfield Area Family YMCA, CEO.
We are here to help support your health and wellness goals. For more information about programs and membership at the Northfield Are Family YMCA, visit our website at www.northfieldymca.org or call 507-645-0088. You are our heroes. Thank you for serving our nation. We are honored to serve you in return.