Job Title: Child Watch Staff
Posted: May 1, 2017
Status: Part Time Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $9.50 - $9.75 hourly wage
Under the direction of the Youth Development Program Director and in accordance with the goals and objectives of the Northfield Area Family YMCA, the Child Watch staff are responsible for the care of children in our supervised child care program. Child Watch is a supervised drop-off child care which provides fun, structured, age-appropriate activities for kids while parents and family members participate in other Y programs and activities. Child Watch is available for families for up to 2 hours at a time.
Y staff working a minimum of two shifts per week will receive an Adult Membership (valued at $44 per month) or can upgrade to a Family Membership for just $31 more.
Northfield Area Family YMCA is a nonprofit, public charity working to build strong kids, strong families and a strong community. Come join the Y team!
- Build personal and meaningful relationships with members, participants, volunteers, guests, donors and others.
- Work daily to fulfill the Y’s mission of building strong kids, strong families and a strong community.
- Participates with children in opportunities to use their large muscles, both indoors and outdoors, with consideration for each child’s physical and developmental capabilities.
- Facilitates a program environment that invites exploration, promotes positive play, and welcomes children
- Works to implement Child Watch curriculum and activities, experiences and routines
- Ability to check children into the program via a computer system, including the handling of cash.
- Be a strong role model for participants, parents and peers.
- Maintain appropriate child to staff ratios
- Ensure the cleanliness of all Child Watch program areas.
- Serve members, guests, participants as requested.
- Have complete knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Promote Y membership and participation in Y programs, services and events
- Participate in professional development opportunities, workshops and conferences as requested.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position which include working with youth in the Child Watch Program to include interacting with children at floor level, physical education activities such as running, jumping, etc, lifting children and equipment, and participating in outdoor activities.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and creative
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Education and/or equivalent knowledge relating to child care programs for ages infant – age 8.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in child care or youth programs
- Ability to work with a diverse community
- Excellent organization, communication, and administration skills.
- CPR/PR, First Aid, AED, and Child Abuse Prevention certifications (within 90 days of hire).
- Attend Y youth trainings as required to include Child Abuse Prevention certifications
The mission of the Northfield Area Family YMCA is to build strong kids, strong families and a stronger community. Since 2005, the Northfield Y has served thousands of youth, families and individuals in the community through its full slate of annual programming, camps, youth sports and fitness offerings utilizing numerous locations. In August 2014, a brand new facility opened to serve our community. The facility includes an indoor pool, a full service wellness center to include cardio and strength equipment, fitness studio and personal training, child watch (babysitting), locker rooms and a large community multi-purpose room.
Northfield Community Information
Northfield is bursting with vibrant culture, esteemed academics, celebrated arts, progressive technology and a cherished history. Our community has two high quality private colleges, St. Olaf and Carleton, and a highly rated public school system with charter and private options available as well. The Cannon River flows through the city providing picturesque beauty all year round giving that small town feel (pop: 20,000) though just a hop-skip and a jump from the Twin Cities. Northfield is 30 miles south of Minneapolis or 25 driving miles from Burnsville.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an employment application and return to 1501 Honeylocust Drive, Northfield MN 55057 or to email@example.com. Application can be found below: