Volunteer With The YMCA! We always have room for volunteers. If you are interested in working in our YMCA programs, please don’t hesitate to ask – our volunteers support programs in a variety of ways. Volunteers do not run or organize programs but instead do what they love to do – be involved in the FUN stuff so give us a call or fill out the following application. We hope to see you soon!
The Northfield Area Family YMCA has a number of volunteer opportunities for those of all ages who love to have fun and are looking to make a difference in the community.
Interested in volunteering? Take a moment to complete the YMCA Volunteer Application. Mail or drop off your completed application at the YMCA Office.
There are many different ways to get involved. Below is a list of current volunteer opportunities — we hope you’ll find one that matches your interests! If you have other ideas or ways you’d like to help beyond what’s on the list, please let us know.
- Preschool programs
- Youth sports (programs for youth ages 3-12)
- Elementary-age after school programs
- Kids Night at the Y (one night a month – FUN times with kids!)
- Middle school nights/dances
- Teen events with high school students organize and/or chaperon
- Outdoor adventures and nature programs
SPECIAL EVENTS volunteer to help plan and/or to assist at the event!
- Family Nights
- Carleton College Mud Run (Y receives all proceeds) September 22, 2012
- Fall Family Runs October 27, 2012
- Healthy Kids Day April 28, 2013
- Representing the Y at community events
- One-time special events
- Communications & Marketing (Press releases, flyers, brochures, photography)
- Copywriters – brochures, newsletters, website, etc.
- Volunteer recruitment assistance at volunteer fairs
- Website design & updates
- Fundraising campaigns
- Fundraising event coordination
- Board of Directors & Committee involvement
- Office assistance
- Spanish Translation for Publications
- Legal Secretary for YMCA Board meetings
All Northfield Area Family YMCA volunteers must complete a criminal background check.
Interested in volunteering? Take a moment to complete the YMCA Volunteer Application. Mail or drop off your completed application at the YMCA Office or contact Virginia directly at Virginia@northfieldymca.org.